E-Commerce Operation Copywriting Skills How To Improve Product Selling Points?
For products sold on online e-commerce platforms such as Amazon and eBay, the first contact with users is not a salesperson or online customer service, but product information, and the customer will compare multiple suppliers on the Internet at the same time. Seeing unique selling points inhomogeneous products will be the key to influencing customer choice.
Product selling point positioning is currently the easiest issue for e-commerce companies to ignore, because some conventional products themselves have so few quality standards, and all the products produced by the same industry are similar, so we default to this product’s selling point circle Everyone knows that there is no need to express it deliberately. Over time, when many companies carry out online marketing and promotion, the buying points of conventional products are unified as "high quality and low price". And because all the products on the Internet say "high quality", users can't believe it easily. Therefore, there are some principles for product selling point positioning.
1. 4 Principle Selling Points Of Refined Products Follow
1. Seeking Truth From Facts And Not False Packaging
Whether it’s doing network marketing promotion Market Online, or do marketing planning, all must be based on the basic principle of seeking truth from facts. Any false description without an actual basis is a deception to potential customers and a manifestation of dishonesty. Therefore, refining the buying point must take the real situation of the company and the product as the starting point.
2. The Selling Point Is Not Limited To The Product Itself
Not all products have very distinct advantages. Most conventional products are not much different from other products on the market. At this time, it is basically difficult to extract a selling point based on the product itself, so it is necessary to "shape" the selling point at this time. You can try to reflect the company's market positioning, production, and service experience. A company of the same size, focusing on a single product for 20 years, and a company that produced multiple varieties of colleagues and only established two years, gives people a different feeling.
3. Vigorously Demonstrate Differentiated Advantages
Sometimes, the products we manage are new and special products in the industry, which have unique value compared to the same type of products on the market. At this time, we need to demonstrate and demonstrate this unique value from multiple perspectives and make customers feel To be unique, you must first be able to express the uniqueness.
4. Self-Praise Should Not Be Too Direct
Basically, most people don't say how bad the products they sell, they will promote the various good products. Therefore, if you say "first-class quality, excellent quality" and "our product is the best product on the market" in the product introduction, it doesn't really mean much, it's just a little bit better than nothing. The purpose of complimenting the product can be achieved indirectly. For example, we can praise the product with the help of others through the side of customer evaluation.
2. The Selling Point Of The Product Should Be Able To Show Your Distinctive Core Competitiveness
When multiple suppliers are claiming quality assurance and price concessions at the same time, the obvious selling point of "high quality and low price" is not so valuable on the Internet. There is a saying: first-rate salesman sales thought; second-rate salesman sales service; third-rate salesman sells products; fourth-rate salesman sales price. The ability to reflect on the network depends on the planning ability. We need to plan the layout of sales ideas, service characteristics, product advantages, and other information in a unified manner, and show them in front of customers. The specific ideas will be mentioned later, mainly after analyzing the competitors on the Internet, showing that they are different from them, in order to leave a good impression on the users' minds.
From a different perspective, the "selling point" has a different understanding: from the consumer's point of view, the selling point is the point where competing products meet the needs of the target audience; from the supplier's point of view, the selling point is a necessary thinking point in the hot market for competing products; from the product From its own point of view, the selling point is the reason why the product itself exists in the market. Therefore, it can be said that the refining of selling points includes three starting points: "meeting" the target user, "based on" the product itself, and "keep up with" the market environment.
When designing specific product selling point copywriting, you can start from the following 3 general directions and 16 details.
1. The selling point of the product must reflect the quality of the product
Specific points that reflect product quality include:
- Raw material advantages: such as the use of high-quality raw materials recognized by the industry, raw materials produced by well-known large-scale brand enterprises in the industry, and raw materials that meet the higher international standards.
- Advantages of production equipment: such as adopting the latest production technology, adopting a new generation of production equipment, and adopting the production technology of well-known brands in the industry.
- Professional advantages: such as a highly educated and highly qualified R&D team, a mature operation team with many years of experience, and a well-known expert guidance team in the industry.
- Quality control advantages: such as the industry’s high-standard quality management system, special quality control procedures, and strict processing procedures for inferior products.
2. The selling point of the product must reflect the cost-effectiveness of the product
The specific points that reflect the high-cost performance of the product include:
- Price advantage: For example, the company's products have price advantages due to objective reasons such as enjoying tax reductions, environmental protection subsidies, electricity fee reductions, and other policies, and the advantages of large-scale production. Note that when using price as a selling point, objective reasons must be required. Subjective wealth and willfulness cannot be used as a reason for low prices.
- Value advantages: For example, longer service life, higher use efficiency, easier to obtain downstream approval after use, etc. The advantage of value also needs to be supported by objective data, and the description must also be an objective situation and cannot be fabricated out of thin air.
- Delivery time advantage: For example, the production efficiency is faster than other factories, and at the same time there are more production machines that can be mobilized.
- Freight advantage: For example, promise to go directly to the place designated by the customer, promise to air freight to foreign customers, and track the cargo transportation process.
- Service advantages: For example, it supports free sampling and proofing, supports after-sales door-to-door service, and helps downstream customers to develop the market.
- Settlement advantages: For example, online orders support the first inspection and then payment, support for 7 days no reason to return and exchange goods, support for the batch settlement, etc.
3. The Selling Point Of The Product Must Reflect That The Company Is Trustworthy
Specific Points That Reflect The Company's Trustworthiness Include:
- Industry reputation: such as praise from customers, employees, and peers.
- Cooperative brands: For example, suppliers of major industry brands, suppliers of large-scale international and domestic events, and government-appointed suppliers, etc.
- Enterprise qualifications: such as the honors of major taxpayers in various places, various official list honors, and qualifications granted by various government departments.
- Corporate contribution: such as corporate sales, corporate profits, number of corporate employees, corporate public welfare contributions, etc.
- Corporate culture: For example, the positive energy culture promoted by the company, the topic of corporate-related cultural activities, etc.
- Brand effect: such as advertising and broadcasting, media cooperation, publicity and promotion, brand trademarks, etc.
The above content can basically cover common product selling points. It should be pointed out that for each product, it is enough to express two or three selling points according to specific channels and occasions. Just as there are too many outstanding aspects of a person without characteristics, a product shows too many selling points that buyers can't remember.
In addition, different product types have different performances. Therefore, the above needs to be bypassed by analogy. For example, for Internet financial products, excellent quality may correspond to safety and reliability, high-cost performance may correspond to high yield, and trustworthiness may correspond to a state-owned holding background, and so on.