A web directory is cyber yellow pages. It has different categories under which one can locate relevant information. Online businesses increase profitability, web traffic, and search engine ranking by submitting websites to directories.
Submitting to web directories is to broaden your horizons.
There are many benefits:
- Most directories attract considerable traffic. Surfers access specific categories of interest to them and open websites within the category. By default, the website submitted by you will get ìclick through traffic.
- Spiders released by search engines will add your site to search engine indexes. And, links from directory pages are automatically indexed.
- Higher rankings on the search engine page for keywords optimizing the website. Ensure that the anchor text linking the directory to your website has a phrase that identifies or states clearly the functions offered by your website. This will provide higher click-through ratings; better rankings in search engines; a greater number of links enabled by variations in key phrases.
- Increased number of links to your web page. Surfers will find links to your website, as being in a directory means receiving many backlinks. The more the number of links the higher a search engine ranking and the greater the number of viewers or users or clients.
- Enhanced credibility. Being a part of a quality directory means that your website has been through stringent vetting standards and reviews. Internet surfers are aware that only websites of high standards are listed in a directory. Websites listed in directories with credibility mean these are the sites of choice and, they are guaranteed excellent content as well as services.
- A niche directory that is specific to your business will direct potential customers quickly and efficiently. The cost of submission can be quickly recovered.
- Provide simple links with high PR category pages and few or minimal outgoing links. This ensures maximized popularity links to your site, boosting rankings.
Be prudent in your choices:
- Limit the number of directory submissions.
- Submit to all established free niche directories and just a few selected paid submission directories.
- Make use of sponsored links to jump-start traffic to your site.
- Find out whether the directory uses keywords or uses an editorial approach using editorial ratings.
- Discover what sponsored listings to signify. These are always listed first.
- Figure out whether the directory has alphabetical ordering or a first-come basis.
- After inclusion in directories of standing, get listings in search engines with site rankings.
Do your homework, make wise choices. Experts recommend selecting niche sites as well as giants like Yahoo and DMOZ. Study thoroughly the comprehensive guidelines provided by directories. Think out and plan your marketing strategy and targets. Random submissions must never be made. You must achieve an ROI, return of investment.